Windsor B&B - Jiufen, Taiwan - Experience

8:00 PM

Whoop whoop! I finally got the time to write down this post, which has been brewing inside my head for a couple of months. Talking about my journey in the small rainy city Jiufen, Taiwan won’t be complete without dedicating a whole post to Windsor B&B - the super awesome B&B where I stayed. Windsor B&B has a couple of villas that are spread throughout Jiufen, each with its own unique theme and views. I stayed at a room called ‘Owl Museum’, and it was hands down the most interesting room I’ve stayed in the last five years!

BOOKING
The booking process was really unique that it deserves its own section in this post! When I first opened Windsor B&B’s official site, I was perplexed. EVERYTHING WAS IN CHINESE and I don’t speak nor read Chinese - just in case the use of capital letters don’t lead to you to that conclusion. But the pictures looked really beautiful and I was determined to stay in this place. 

So I e-mailed them, asking which rooms were still available. They replied the next day. In Chinese. I googled translate the e-mail. Replied in English. Got a reply back in Chinese. Replied in English. Got a reply back in Chinese. Repeat until done. It was epic. Thank you Google Translate. Here’s a screenshot of one of the e-mails: Click Here.

FINDING WINDSOR B&B
Trying to find the reception desk/ building of Windsor B&B was… harder than I thought it would be. I was armed with a printed map that Windsor sent through e-mail. 

It looks pretty straightforward right? But there are A LOT of stairs at Jiufen, and at first I couldn’t figure out which one was which. What made it worse was it was raining, and I had to carry an overnight bag (no matter how small it was) and an umbrella while trying to find an address. God, it was fun. And horrible. But fun. 

Once finding the reception area, it's pretty easy-breezy. A staff will point out the direction of the villa to you and he'll help you carry your stuffs on a motorcycle. Oh wait, I should probably re-stress that their English is minimal at best. Exercise your body language skills and prepare yourself for a lot of confusion! :D

OWL MUSEUM
The room I picked is called ‘Owl Museum’. The building is a two-storey villa divided into two rooms, Room 1 and Owl Room 2. Uniquely, the dividing line between Room 1 and 2 is not based on floor (upper floor and lower floor) but based on side (left and right). That way, both guests on Room 1 and 2 can experience both floors. Hope you understand what I mean!

There are patio chairs in front of the villa, which I assume to be placed for decorative purposes since rain falls all the time in Jiufen.

As the name suggests, the room is subtly decorated with owl ornaments. 

Even the bathroom has owl decors.

Some more views of the cute bathroom…

The following are some pictures of the lower floor.

Actually there is one big bed on the lower floor, but it skipped my mind to take a picture of it. Perhaps I was too enthralled by the gorgeous second floor…

which comes with a bright red massage chair, a water dispenser, a stereo set...

and an EXTREMELY GORGEOUS view of Jiufen. *sigh*
Let’s zoom in a little bit more…

*sighing some more*

I would totally kill for a view like this every morning...

if only I didn’t have to climb up and down these stairs to reach the villa.

Humans... Never satisfied. Hahaha!

Anyway, I had a good night’s rest at Windsor B&B and recommend this B&B for anyone who wants to spend a night at Jiufen, as long as you have no problem with lots of stairs. Pay special attention when you choose the type of the room, as not all of them provide the sea view. Have fun with Google Translate! ;)

A.


Windsor B&B

E-mail for Booking: Click Here or Here
Website: Click Here 

More on Jiufen

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Hi, I chance upon your blog when researching on places to stay in Jiufen.
    how did U make payment ? I was asked to transfer to owner's Ocbc account in SINGAPORE n when I tried, I cannot transfer.

    Do u face such problems?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Sorry for the late reply. I made a down payment (50% of the full price) with my credit card (not bank transfer), so no Singapore account was involved. The rest of the payment was made when I arrived. Hope that helps!

      Delete

Featured Post

Magical Day at Hong Kong Disneyland

Fewer things can make twenty-something girls go from completely silent to completely ga-ga compared to the word ‘DISNEYLAND’. Unless some...

Subscribe