Chishingtan Beach in November and Hotel Bayview Experience

8:00 PM


Back in September last year when I was planning my Taiwan trip, I tried to find some insight about what to expect of Chishingtan (or Qixingtan) Beach in Hualien County in the middle of November. Is it possible to see the sunrise? Is it going to rain often? Do I need to bring a swimsuit? I had no luck finding answers to those questions on the internet, thus after I got home I decided to write a post about it. After all, there are 7 billion people in the world and if one person tries to find a particular info, there must be someone else looking for the same info as well! 

Chishingtan Beach is a beach in Hualien County. Aside from Taroko Gorge, Chishingtan seems to be one of the frequently visited destination in Hualien. It is a pebble beach, not a sandy beach, so leave your pail and shovel at home! The pebbles are really pretty and each seems to have a pattern of its own. I was extremely tempted to bring one home. 

(I didn’t, okay? Tempted was the operative word :D)

Located in Eastern Taiwan, Chishingtan Beach is supposed to be the perfect place to catch sunrise. However, it was raining the night before and indeed in the middle of autumn, therefore I wasn’t surprised that the sun was nowhere to be seen. At 7 in the morning the sky was cloudy grey and the mist could be seen surrounding the silhouette of the mountains. Some visitors were wandering around the beach, some were cycling.



The weather in November is definitely not suitable for swimming. Unless you’re into crazy waves and cold water, but then it’s not safe… So, I’d say a big fat no to swimming. This picture actually shows one of the tamer waves. There was one time when the waves were so high they leapt through the tallest part of the beach and everyone who assumed the waves would not reach there got wet! Plus, pebbles make it difficult to run. In other words, don’t get too close to the water if you don’t wanna get wet!  


I stayed at Hotel Bayview, a very nice boutique hotel located right at Chishingtan Beach. It literally takes one minute to walk from the hotel to the beach. The exterior and interior of the hotel are cute and have a Santorini-vibe to it: white paints, blue accents, and black cobblestones. They even name their cafe ‘Aegean’, referring to the Aegean Sea.



The staffs are nice and helpful. You can arrange transportation service to and from Hualien Train Station, free of charge!


I booked the Standard Family Room facing the mountain. I’ve read people saying that the rooms facing the sea -which is more expensive- are totally worth it, but I’m kinda glad I didn’t book those. Bad weather, remember?


Anyway, the room is spacious, the bed is comfy, and the slippers are awesome! The bathroom and the toilet are two separate rooms. 

(I don’t really remember why I took this picture… They look really cute though, for lamps. Cute lamps.)

One of my most favourite things about Hotel Bayview is… *drumrolls*…. the breakfast! It wasn’t extravagant by any stretch, especially when compared to four or five stars hotels. However, out of all my breakfasts in Taiwan, this was the yummiest. And the place is cute. Hehe! 




Despite the rain and the crazy wind (I almost broke the hotel’s umbrella because of it!), I enjoyed my time at Chishingtan Beach! Although some can argue that it’s not possible to have a good time at the beach at that time of the year, I’d like to think that it was a one of a kind experience. As long as you have fun, that’s all that really matters! ;)

A.


Chishingtan Beach and Hotel Bayview
Official Website: Click Here 

* Price differs according to the type of the room (standard or deluxe, ocean-view or mountain-view, etc) and the date (weekdays or weekend, summer or not summer). Detailed pricing can be read on the website.
* I booked the hotel 2 months before the trip.

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Your blogs and every other content are thus interesting and helpful it makes me return back again hotel vendome book .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! thank you so much! Thank you for sharing. Your blog posts are more interesting and informative.
    The best hotels in Menorca

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the best blog on this topic. Thanks for posting this. If you are looking for North shore hotels blackpool then check our website, we provide the best and cheap hotels online in North Shore.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Magical Day at Hong Kong Disneyland

Fewer things can make twenty-something girls go from completely silent to completely ga-ga compared to the word ‘DISNEYLAND’. Unless some...

Subscribe