Exquise Patisserie: Cakealicious!

8:00 PM

It is always a great day when you are able to find a good café with a nice view, decent coffee, and awesome cakes while chatting with your girlfriends that you haven’t seen for a long time. Ladies and gentlemen, meet Exquise Patisserie, Menteng, Jakarta. 


THE VISUAL
Tucked inside Rumah Cokro, Exquise Patisserie can be hard to find at first. I had to roll down my window and almost asked the security guard where exactly this café was when I finally saw the small chalkboard sign. It was still late morning and I met an empty café — just me and the barista. I quickly took my phone and snapped some pictures. The small garden in front of the café is definitely a medicine for the sore eyes!

Exquise Patisserie is small. The mirror at the back certainly helps to make the room feel more spacious, but one certainly can’t plan an extremely huge party here. The widest wall is decorated with a lovely wallpaper depicting a merry-go-round, which instantly put me in a good mood. White-hued knick knacks and chairs that fill the café complement the wooden table really well. It’s cozy. 

If I had to state something that I don’t like about the place, it had to be the music. For two hours, they kept on playing Sabrina again and again and again. I do realize Sabrina’s voice is very soothing and suitable for cafés, but let’s be honest. Two hours with Sabrina is a little bit too much.

THE FOOD
Broccoli Smoked Beef Quiche (IDR 40k)
When the waiter first put the warm quiche on my table, I was instantly hooked. The smell was heavenly, and it looked like it belonged to a cook book: golden-brown skin, crispy on the edges, pretty as a picture. It was too bad that the broccoli didn’t add any flavour nor texture to the quiche, as all I tasted were pastry and smoked beef. Overall, it was a solid quiche, but not an extraordinary one.

Helena (IDR 48k)
Every time you stare at a display case in a patisserie, there is always this one cake that simply stares at you and begs you to eat it. This time, it was Helena: Valrhona Guanaja Mousse, Coconut Biscuit, Raspberry Gelee, Pailletine Feuilletin, and Nutella. I’ve got to admit that up until now I have no idea what some of those layers are, but it was extremely delicious — I did not share my cake with my friends at all. When the plate was finally empty, it was all me.

Drinks: Iced Cappuccino (IDR 33k) and Hot Latte (IDR 35k)


THE VERDICT
Let’s not drag it out… I will definitely come back for Helena, and I can’t wait to try out other cakes too.


Exquise Patisserie
Address: Rumah Cokro, Jalan HOS Cokroaminoto 42A, Jakarta
Opening Hours: Tue-Sun 10:00 AM - 09:00 PM, closed on Monday

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Featured Post

Magical Day at Hong Kong Disneyland

Fewer things can make twenty-something girls go from completely silent to completely ga-ga compared to the word ‘DISNEYLAND’. Unless some...

Subscribe